- O2 UK acquires Weve mobile advertising JV from EE and Vodafone 5 May 2015 | 12:01 pm
- Embracing SMAC to satisfy subscribers 5 May 2015 | 10:52 am
- Facebook moving towards Nokia’s HERE for mobile 5 May 2015 | 10:02 am
- Ciena in $400m Cyan acquisition to grow virtualization portfolio 5 May 2015 | 9:43 am
- A Week In Wireless – Raging election 1 May 2015 | 2:28 pm
Exploring Evolution and Innovation in West Africa's Communications Industry
- Connecting West Africa
- 2015 agenda at a glance
- Setting the agenda, driving the debate …
- What’s new for 2015?
DELIVERING AFFORDABLE BROADBAND ACCESS AND ENHANCING DATA PROFITABILITY IN WEST AFRICA
Already confirmed! Top speakers and panellists include representatives of major operators (Atlantique Telecom/Etisalat, Millicom, Airtel, Sonatel-Orange, Azur Telecom, Expresso Telecom, Alink Telecom, Afcom) as well as regulatory authorities, digital brands and more. Join the debate to shape the future of West Africa’s digital economy.
* BROADBAND * INNOVATION * INVESTMENT * MONETISATION * REGULATION * COST-EFFICIENCY * LTE * CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE * E-COMMERCE * RURAL TELECOMS * DIGITAL TRANSITION * PARTNERSHIPS
Vast improvements have been made to improving access to broadband in West Africa in recent years, but much remains to be done: Connecting West Africa will once again look into the major undertakings to ensure the region’s digital economy is fully powered. Addressing trends and opportunities in broadband developments, digital migration, consumer and enterprise needs, cost-efficiency, international connectivity and more, the conference programme offers a compelling mix of keynotes, panel discussions, networking opportunities and interactive sessions to get to the core of the issues that affect your business and your customers.
- Ovum market overview: Key trends and forecasts for the West Africa regio
- Opening Keynote Panel: Supporting broadband development in West & Central Africa through efficient investment, partnerships & regulation- Senegal Focus: Managing a new digital landscape
- Meet the Exhibitors
- Launching LTE services in West Africa: Technologies & Business Models
- LTE Panel: What models to deploy 4G/LTE in West & Central Africa?
- How much more can be achieved through the various models of infrastructure sharing?
- Panel: What should operators focus on in order to improve cost-efficiency?
- Operator Mindshares
- Panel: Connecting remote areas: social impact, strategies & technologies
- Panel: What business models to monetise data?
- What are the opportunities for new m-commerce services in a data environment?
- Panel: Smartphones strategies to promote data usage
- Serving the growing enterprise market in West Africa: Operator enterprise services case study
- Panel: What CIOs need from telcos
- Special focus on m-health: supporting the need for effective m-health in west Africa
- Service innovation: what can operators learn from innovation hubs?
- Idea Generator: an interactive session to boost innovation
For more information or if you would like to participate please contact email@example.com
2 days out of the office in June will provide a blue-print for success for your business for the rest of 2015 and beyond …
Last year’s attendees describe the value they derived from the show …
Great event!!! All topics were relevant and it is good to discuss the challenges facing mobile network operators! Keep up the good work!”
PJ Phike, CEO, MTN Guinea
““The Connecting West Africa Conference allows you to not only connect on the issues confronting the west African telecom sector, but also connect with the companies and individuals that can help you connect to solutions to your needs.”
Kolubahzizi Howard, Director of Strategy, Liberia Telecommunications Authority
“The 10th annual Connecting West Africa, proves as an
event, its high standards by regularly bringing together world leaders in the ICT
industry of West Africa and gives birth to great ideas of technological developments
in the region.”
Ahmedou Ahmed Sidi, CCO, Mauritel Mauritania
“Efficiency! Efficiency! Efficiency! This event, has
provided an insight into the challenge for all MNO in terms of exponential growth in
bandwidth demand and how to balance network efficiency and profitability. Thank
you for the great opportunity!”
Ismail Ibrahim, Satellite Services Manager, MTN Nigeria
In 2013 Connecting West Africa (formerly West and Central Africa Com) welcomed:
- 500 attendees through the door
- 54% C-Level / Director / Head delegate attendance
- 52% operator delegate attendance
- 35 countries
- 150 companies
Find out more download the conference agenda here
Telechargez la brochure ici
Returning for its 12th year, Connecting West Africa will take place in Dakar, Senegal this 9th – 10th June, bringing together the region’s thought leaders and biggest global players, all in one place.
Brand new topics and features include:
AfricaCom 100 networking drinks: The AfricaCom 100 is a group of top leaders and influencers in Africa’s telecoms, media and ICT sector. Connecting West Africa comes at a perfect time for the group as the results of 2015′s first AfricaCom 100 survey on key market trends will be revealed. The AfricaCom 100 members and Connecting West Africa speakers will meet for an exclusive networking gathering on the eve of the conference to discuss the results in a private setting.
Enterprise services: The West African enterprise market is rapidly growing and faces a number of challenges and opportunities within the digital market. This feature sees operator presentations and a CIO panel discuss how to serve the varied needs of corporations, SMEs and governments in West Africa and how to develop new revenue streams.
Monetising data: This brand new conference session gives you insights into content, new services, e-commerce and innovation: how operators can increase revenues to recoup investment on broadband networks and partner with other players in the digital market.
Innovation Forum: Hosted by CTIC, this new session will bring together operators, start-ups and incubators to discuss how to foster innovation – including the ‘Idea Generator’ an interactive discussion on new services taking place on day 2.
Interesting topics, good quality of contacts and participants. Conference room was great as well as the audio and translationKamal Okba, General Director, Mauritel, Mauritania
The opportunity provided by this conference was invaluable i.e meeting the decision makers in the Telecoms industry in AfricaAjibola Aiyedogbon, Software Developer, MobileXcetera, Nigeria
I love the event, the quality of the speakers, the quality of the panels and the good networking environment. For me it was a good experience and I want to be here again next year!Verone Mankou, Chairman and CEO, VMK, Congo
I would like to thank you all for the initiative of inviting telecom operators and suppliers to exchange ideas and exhibit technology.Diop Khadim Rassoul, Field Operations Director, Expresso, Senegal
It is a very interesting event for operators to share their experiences and discover new solutions and innovations in the market. I really appreciated the topics chosen this year, specially the telephone and tablets in Africa.Massamba Mbaye, Commercial Director, Orange Guinea
I am truly satisfied on the quality and organisation of the event. Great opportunity for solutions to problems in the telecoms Industry.Sako Yaya, Head of IP/Wimax, Orange Bissau, Guinee